Hi and welcome to the forums. These forums service C117 Games, Another Dungeon and the A&B Review websites.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Registration is free with no stupid credit card authentication or complex obscure character recognition requirements :).

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Quote Post
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AFL 2016.
Topic Started: Jan 12 2016, 12:33 PM (7,378 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

So, we start off the 2016 season with this... http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-12/live-essendon-34-guilty & http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-12/guilty-court-bans-the-essendon-34-for-2016

Posted Image

Will this saga ever end? I think Essendon should just retire anybody associated with this debacle and move the fuck on. It's going to take years before they ever get back to being a respectable team.

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nintendo_Man

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/2016/01/12/05/07/judgement-day-arrives-for-afl-bombers

That arrogant bastard Hird still denying any wrong doing, he should never be allowed to be involved with the sport again.

Half of those players don't even play the game anymore. Only 12 are still with the club (5 elsewhere).

They could have done what Cronulla did and accept a back dated 6 month suspension (which meant the players only missed out on a few games). But Essendon wanted to delay things as much as possible and it has reduced the damage.

Agreed. I used to admire Hird a lot, but now all that has disappeared. The great player he once was has been entirely tarnished by this debacle.
Quote Post Goto Top

Moo
Member Avatar
Level 8
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's unfortunate for Essendon that they don't play Fremantle in Round 23 because they probably would've won that game.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Of this year? I'd like to say that Freo has a chance at the flag this year, but then again... I've said that for the past four years and look where that's gotten us. I truly doubt we'll get close to be honest and if we don't get it... then goodbye Ross Lyon.
Quote Post Goto Top

Moo
Member Avatar
Level 8
I meant because Lyon would rest half the team.

Deleted User
Deleted User

hah, of course. The yearly rest up.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

RIP Ken Judge.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-15/former-hawthorn-west-coast-coach-ken-judge-passes-away

I wasn't a huge fan of his coaching with West Coast, but his commentary and discussion regarding the game as a whole was always entertaining to listen to.
Quote Post Goto Top

NMANOZ
No Avatar
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Take that Collingwood.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nintendo Man
Mar 27 2016, 12:14 AM
Take that Collingwood Fremantle.
FTFY.

End 2015 top of the ladder. Starts 2016 bottom of the ladder. Premiership... here we come... in... 2021!
Quote Post Goto Top

Moo
Member Avatar
Level 8
I'm just stoked Richmond get to play Essendon twice.
Geelong are gonna be great again.
Fremantle lol.
Glad to see some quality footy from Melbourne and Carlton. Carlton looked much better than the Tigers for most of the game.
Edited by Moo, Mar 28 2016, 10:45 PM.

NMANOZ
No Avatar
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jingles
Mar 28 2016, 10:00 PM
Nintendo Man
Mar 27 2016, 12:14 AM
Take that Collingwood Fremantle.
FTFY.

End 2015 top of the ladder. Starts 2016 bottom of the ladder. Premiership... here we come... in... 2021!
The suffering never ends for you guys.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yep. Never bloody ending. I put my tips in last week and was the only one in the group to put the Bulldogs ahead of Freo. I've tipped West Coast to win the minor and major premiership. Freo are going to regret extending Ross Lyon.
Quote Post Goto Top

NMANOZ
No Avatar
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
5 years is insanity. I personally think they should only give 3 year contracts to coaches. That is enough time to prove themselves and if they don't you won't be stuck with them for too long.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Exactly. Especially when there was still a year left on his contract. Now, he has done a lot of good stuff for Freo, but when you're in one grand final and finish a different year on top of the ladder and still don't walk home with the flag, well, there's something wrong.
Quote Post Goto Top

Moo
Member Avatar
Level 8
Talk to me when Freo loses three consecutive elimination finals.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme released at ZNR