Hi and welcome to the forums. These forums service C117 Games, Another Dungeon and the A&B Review websites.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Registration is free with no stupid credit card authentication or complex obscure character recognition requirements :).

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Quote Post
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Introducing Hairytits Anus, errm, Heretix Aevum; Juvenile humour extraordinaire, at your service!
Topic Started: Dec 17 2013, 07:19 PM (5,408 Views)
Doomguy
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi, I'm Curt. Otherwise known as Heretix_Aevum or as the more historically infamous curtdoggLP5 from back in the ol' days of GSAU 2007, 2008.

I'm 22, currently living in Melbourne (Flemington) looking for work and studying a double diploma of business and management and plan to go on to study Social Working and Psychology.

I'm a member of the PC Master Race, used to be more hardcore with my gaming but play a bit more casually nowadays, still play a respectable amount of stuff, though. Some of my favourite games include S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, The Witcher, Brutal DOOM, Crysis 1 and KOTOR. RPGs, Shooters and hybrids of the two seem to give me the biggest gamer-boner.

Read a decent amount as a kid but went off it for a few years, but trying to get back into it again. Read the Hobbit and am going to read the LOTR books soonish. Trying to watch more films as well, favourite is hard to say but one of my top picks is Pulp Fiction.

I love music, and would probably also be considered a headphone enthusiast / audiophile, though I try to avoid calling myself that. I just appreciate high fidelity sound, and am pretty particular about it. Pretty eclectic musical tastes, but I'm perfectly fussy about that, too. I listen to lots of stuff; Ambient, Contemporary Classical, Indie/Alternative Pop, Electronic Dance Music, Hip Hop, Jazz, Metal, Progressive, Rock and Soundtracks.

Nice to meet you dudes
Fuck_Giver.exe has stopped working!
Does it matter how I write the truth?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Biceps Ben Six Pack Smooth
Member Avatar
Avoid Hot Dogs
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Curtdogg my fucking nigga. How the fuck are you dude? You are one guy I have certainly missed and am glad you joint the forum here.

Edited by Biceps Ben Six Pack Smooth, Dec 17 2013, 08:12 PM.

Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Holy crap, that's a really decent intro dude! AND you've made smooth talk like a teenager so double kudos to you :D

Is this part of a user exchange? I.e. should I send some of ours over to the lounge now? What's a curtdog worth? Two users? Three? If I found Tigertechie could I send him?

Not sure why you're ashamed to call yourself an audiophile. I know loads of people who are fussy about their audio. I'm not one of them, probably because my hearing's pretty shithouse.

Anyway welcome man. Nice intro.
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

What headphones are you using now?
Quote Post Goto Top

Doomguy
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ben my nigga! I'm doing great man! Moved out and shit, finally. It's been too long, how are you doing?

Chickan, thanks mate! I stayed away from the lounge for about 8 or 9 months but I recently went back there, but the place is fairly dead. I'd be happy to see the remaining active members migrate over here, really. The place had a good run but I think it's done. I certainly am not ashamed about being into audio, I'm vocal about it if anything. I just avoid specifically using the term audiophile to avoid sounding pretentious. Though now that I think about it, there is a negative connotation with the term audiophile with a lot of people. Some people hate it when they know you're an audiophile, because they get defensive about their shitty Beats headphones.

Mj, right now my desktop headphones are the Beyerdynamic DT880 600 Ohm, but they're away right now getting recabled and having the left driver (dead) replaced, so I'm making do with some logitech ue6000's and a Creative Aurvana Live!, and my portables right now are the Sennheiser PX100ii,

bayloski
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome!!! I've never seen Smoothee so excited before.

You know someones an Audiophile when they mention Beyerdynamic. I'm not an audiophile but they where my go to headphones when I had a DJ set-up.

@ Smoothee - Are you taking the piss when you say joint instead of joined?? I have to ask for some reason it's starting to grind at me.
Posted Image

Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
I figured that was a mistype as he girlishly squealed with excitement as Curt joined up :)
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

Do you have a vinyl satchel though?
Quote Post Goto Top

Member Avatar
Avoid Hot Dogs
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heretix_Aevum
Dec 17 2013, 10:00 PM
Ben my nigga! I'm doing great man! Moved out and shit, finally. It's been too long, how are you doing?
Good to hear. Remembered it was always an issue for you being stuck in the small town with little to do.

Im actually unemployed now and have been in holiday mode for the last 4 months, totally changed my life for the better. So glad im out of that job, away from the bullies and feel fresh.

Starting college in about 3 weeks B)

Member Avatar
Avoid Hot Dogs
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
bayloski
Dec 17 2013, 11:31 PM
Welcome!!! I've never seen Smoothee so excited before.

You know someones an Audiophile when they mention Beyerdynamic. I'm not an audiophile but they where my go to headphones when I had a DJ set-up.

@ Smoothee - Are you taking the piss when you say joint instead of joined?? I have to ask for some reason it's starting to grind at me.
Curt is good peoples. From the older generation of GS posters when the site was way more eventful and colourful. Also he is one of the guys I had lost contact with from the Lounge so its good to be able to catch up, plus he is a PC guy like me and appreciates hardware.

No I wasnt taking the piss, I am very poor with grammar and you can see why. But subconsciously it may have been an old habit to use joint, though I preferred cones back in the day.

Doomguy
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You're a man of fine tastes then, Bayloski!

Haha, no Vinyl for me Chamboosy. I don't think I'm old or hardcore enough for that. I'm all digital, nothing but 320s and FLACs in my collection. If anyone is curious my chain is foobar2000 -> optical cable -> AudioGD NFB15.32 -> Beyer DT880 600

Doomguy
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah boi I'm a forum slob veteran! Haha.

What's this?! Ben Smooth submitting to the conformist clutches of further education? That's great man, what are you going to be studying dude? Good to hear you're getting some respite from your communist bosses, haha. So did you get yourself financially settled before jumping ship? Last time we talked I'm sure you owed money to the tax department and still were paying home loan or mortgage.

Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
Ben Smooth
Dec 18 2013, 07:38 AM
But subconsciously it may have been an old habit to use joint, though I preferred cones back in the day.
Cones required way too much effort although did force most people I knew to turn into Macguyer and use bottles, doll heads, potatos, and so on in a way never originally intended :)
Posted Image

Member Avatar
Avoid Hot Dogs
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Diploma in Graphic Design. I may follow it up with IT depending how I go but its like HECS so ill have to pay the money back to the government for the courses and the 1 course is costing me 12k.

I got a payout from Telstra and have been living on that and will do so for next year but ill be finally getting Austudy soon, wasnt even entitled to Newstart cause they see me as wealthy this past 4 months. I may have to still work casual job though.

Tax department is all cleared up, got out of paying all those late fees and even managed to catch up paying out my student loan from when I was 17. Though I am 2 years behind again in tax returns, I will owe them more but it shouldnt be much, I am just a poor student now who cant afford to pay them back immediately.

Member Avatar
Avoid Hot Dogs
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Chickan117
Dec 18 2013, 08:35 AM
Ben Smooth
Dec 18 2013, 07:38 AM
But subconsciously it may have been an old habit to use joint, though I preferred cones back in the day.
Cones required way too much effort although did force most people I knew to turn into Macguyer and use bottles, doll heads, potatos, and so on in a way never originally intended :)
I even used an Apple once, the fruit not the PC but I would give that a go and get a kick out of it :P

Bucket bong forever was the classic party time event. Going to some randoms bathroom and using the bath filled with water and a floating bucket was always something else.

Did the Arabic pipes as well, the Turks use them most. It has a long hose and nozzle and you pass it around. Classic shit.

Why does Curt returning make me talk about this shit again lol its his introduction thread for fuck sake :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme released at ZNR