Hi and welcome to the forums. These forums service C117 Games, Another Dungeon and the A&B Review websites.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

Registration is free with no stupid credit card authentication or complex obscure character recognition requirements :).

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Quote Post
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What are you currently watching?
Topic Started: Dec 12 2013, 02:54 PM (45,022 Views)
Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Another "standard" thread where we can chat about whatever we're watching at the moment... well, not right this very moment... you know what I mean!

I recently visiting an Uncle with a hoarding problem I totally approve of... if he likes a TV show he collects EVERY episode and special available. This is good for me as, about 6 months ago, I took an interest in Doctor Who. After watching the current reboot series I've now gone back to the very beginning and am up to series 2. That's why I visited my Uncle btw... to rip all his DVDs :)

I really like the show although I feel I may be cutting it more slack than I do the current series due to it's age. The character placement and acting is very theatrical which, I suppose, makes sense as it was recorded in the early 60s. A couple of episodes have proven interesting as the culture change makes things seem irrelevant. For example there's one episode where four people are stranded ina Dalek (bad guys) city. The four people are Doctor Who, a mid 30s male, a mid thirties female and a young girl (about 19?). The doctor is sick and someone needs to get him medicine. Ian, the mid 30s male, has been paralised by the Daleks which leaves only two people. A full half of the episode is dedicated to this conundrum as, with the doctor sick and Ian paralised there are no males to go to the ship and get the meds! Hilarious seeing the debate and how useless they all are.

Anyway. What about you guys? What are you watching atm?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jamesh
Member Avatar
Level 42
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've caught up on Person of Interest. I gave the show a go when it first started, but gave up part way through the first series, finding it a bit dull.

I decided to give it another shot, and I'm glad I did. The show improved towards the end of the first season as they tied some of the earlier events into ongoing storylines.

Deleted User
Deleted User

jamesh
Dec 12 2013, 07:14 PM
I've caught up on Person of Interest. I gave the show a go when it first started, but gave up part way through the first series, finding it a bit dull.

I decided to give it another shot, and I'm glad I did. The show improved towards the end of the first season as they tied some of the earlier events into ongoing storylines.
That's all I'm watching at the moment. I'm currently a few episodes into the second season.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I just finished season six of Sons of Anarchy. Other than that I'm not watching anything. Considering starting to watch The Shield soon but not sure. Might just start rewatching Fringe again.
Quote Post Goto Top

Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
Hey James, are you up top date on misfits? I stopped in season 4 (got distracted) but have heard it's all downhill and I should leave it alone after 3. You were the guy who got me on to it so... what do you think?
Posted Image

jamesh
Member Avatar
Level 42
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Chickan117
Dec 12 2013, 08:48 PM
Hey James, are you up top date on misfits? I stopped in season 4 (got distracted) but have heard it's all downhill and I should leave it alone after 3. You were the guy who got me on to it so... what do you think?
I've watched through to the end of season 5 (the final one, which just wrapped up). I enjoyed most of the episodes, but thought the finale was a bit average. The episode about the satanic scout troop was pretty good.

I can understand people losing interest after season 3 due to the cast changes, but the new characters do add something to the show if you give them a chance. While I was sad to see Nathan go at the end of the second season, Rudy turned out to be a much better character (or three characters, depending on how you look at it).

So if you liked the earlier seasons, I'd give it a shot. Since the series has finished, you know exactly how much of a time commitment it is.

Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
That's true. I hadn't realised it finished after 5 but will definitely give it a shot. Nathan was a hilarious character but I have to agree with you' he'd run his course in two seasons and there seems a lot more they can do with Rudy
Posted Image

nuttz
No Avatar
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
About 3 and a half seasons through The Sopranos, and liking it so far. It's refreshing to see a TV show that doesn't follow the current trend (doesn't make sense to say refreshing, I know, considering The Sopranos is one of the shows that started this golden age). I prefer shows and films when they focus on characters rather than plot, although I'm not a huge fan of how The Sopranos tends to leave a lot of plot threads either unfinished or unimportant to the overall story direction.

jamesh
Member Avatar
Level 42
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I started watching an animated series called Bob's Burgers. The main character is voiced by H. Jon Benjamin, who is probably better known for playing Stirling Archer in Archer. It also has Kristen Schaal voicing one of the characters, and was created by they guy who did Home Movies. I'm enjoying it so far.

Janssen4444
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
I'm watching quite a few shows at the moment, some of them are on break right now for the holidays but I'll try and list them all

- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
- The Walking Dead
- Homeland
- Parks and Recreation
- How I Met Your Mother
- New Girl
- Modern Family

I watch too much haha
Posted Image

Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
I'm playing catch up at the moment and watching the last two seasons of Regular Show. Also watching a bit of French & Saunders and Becker on the side
Posted Image

Biceps Ben Six Pack Smooth
Member Avatar
Avoid Hot Dogs
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shows I watch that are still showing or havent wrapped up. Im up to date with all these shows and am waiting for them all to return back.

- Mad Men
- Game Of Thrones
- Boardwalk Empire
- True Blood
- Once A Upon A Time
- Once A Upon A Time Wonderland
- How I Met Your Mother
- Vampire Diaries
- The Originals
- Homeland
- Modern Family
- Glee
- Sleepy Hollow
- Community
- Top Gear

Shows that finished in 2013.

- Breaking Bad
- Rules Of Engagement
- Nikita

Shows that ended years a go but I recently caught up and watched entire series.

- Fringe
- Friends
- Seinfeld
- Spartacus

Shows that I have on my shame pile, ready to start with.

- The Office
- Californication
- Supernatural

Im cool to talk about any of these shows.
Edited by Biceps Ben Six Pack Smooth, Jan 2 2014, 07:36 AM.

Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
How were the recent seasons of Homeland and Boardwalk Empire?

I have a feeling Homeland is moving into "stretch" territory as the story started getting a bit silly for me. Especially around
Spoiler: click to toggle
. FUCK! I just googled the show to find Claire Danes' character name and saw a title that , I think, had a major spoiler. Curse me for not watching the show as it was released :S

Boardwalk Empire was still going strong from memory and I was looking forward to seeing where they took it.
Posted Image

Biceps Ben Six Pack Smooth
Member Avatar
Avoid Hot Dogs
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I dont want to spoil them both for you.

Homeland season 3 started off really weak, focused way too much on the Brody family and in particular the daughter. I still think the first was the best and cannot keep the momentum up. Without spoiling it, its hard to explain my reasons.

Boardwalk Empire is still consistent and very enjoyable. I do miss Jimmy character in the show and the show did lose a lot with him gone but has since rediscovered itself. The fact that you have seen Boardwalk and expect lots of deaths with major characters, I am bummed about the season 4 finale. RIP

Derpstrom
Member Avatar
Level 8
I'm bummed about the death of the dude (in the box) at the end of season 3. I really liked him. Glad that
Spoiler: click to toggle
ended up dead though. His character was so annoying!
Posted Image

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Movies/TV · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme released at ZNR